East Region Netball Association Board Vacancies
Regional Management Board Recruitment
Our mission is a simple yet ambitious:
“To create and deliver a Regional Strategy which meets the needs and expectations of the Netball family in the East.”
As a member organisation Netball East is responsible for overseeing the development and organisation of the sport at a regional level within the East Region [Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Essex Thurrock & East Essex] enabling our members to have positive netball experiences.
As the popularity of netball increases the Regional Management Board has reviewed its role and responsibilities to ensure it can provide netballers, officials and coaches in the East Region with the best opportunities in the country. To that end we want to change our governance structure and are now looking to strengthen the Board and it`s supporting Working Groups and Technical Support Groups.
We have the following vacancies on the Regional Management Board.
- Chairman - Cheryl Danson has decided to step down after leading the Region for more than 10 years so we need a new Chair to steer the Region through the period of change.
- Regional Programme Director– this is a new role and the successful candidate will lead and chair the new Regional Operations Group.
- Communications Director – we are re-introducing this role to improve our engagement with members and stakeholders. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing our Communications Plan.
- Governance Director – sporting organisations are being requested to achieve standards of Governance set by Sport England. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing our Governance Improvement Plan.
It addition, we are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to:
- Chair the Competition TSG. The successful candidate will not sit on the RMB but on the newly formed Regional Operations Group.
- Chair the Officiating TSG. The successful candidate will not sit on the RMB but on the newly formed Regional Operations Group.
- Establish and chair a new Coaching TSG. The successful candidate will not sit on the RMB but on the newly formed Regional Operations Group.
- Establish a new Events Working Group. The successful candidate will not sit on the RMB but on the newly formed Regional Operations Group.
Furthermore, we would like to hear from anyone with the relevant skills who is willing to contribute to the work of Netball East in a voluntary capacity by serving on any of the above mentioned Technical Support Groups and/or the Communications and Governance Working Groups. We are particularly interested in hearing from anyone interested in managing the regional disciplinary process or with experience of upgrading websites.
We need people on our Board who understand netball, especially in the East, but just as important, we need people from a range of diverse backgrounds and knowledge that will give the board collectively the skills it needs to effectively move us forward.
Board meetings take place four times a year and there will be additional events throughout the year. The Chair and Technical Support Group leads will be required to represent the Region at national and other meetings.
The roles are entirely voluntary and reasonable expenses will be paid.
Further details, including role description and application process please click here:
Please return your application form to the Regional Coordinator, Netball East at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Netball East c/o Active Luton, Wigmore Hall, Eaton Green Road, Luton, Beds, LU2 9JB by 17.00 on 30th June 2018
For an informal discussion contact the Board Chair, Cheryl Danson on 07786 546185
We`d love to hear from you!