The objective of Women’s Sport Week is to celebrate and showcase women’s sport at every level, from the grassroots to the elite, and highlight the incredible contribution that women make to sport. The overall aim is to get more women and girls physically active and playing sport.
Women's Sport Week
Women’s Sport Week is an opportunity for everybody involved with playing, delivering, leading or working in sport to celebrate, raise awareness and increase the profile of women’s sport across the UK.
Building on the momentum from the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Rio this summer, the collective force behind Women’s Sport Week calls on everyone within the sports community and beyond to use this occasion to organise events, generate debate, and show their support to help women and girls reach their full potential through sport.
Women’s Sport Week will raise awareness of opportunities for women of all abilities and backgrounds to engage in sport, by taking part, volunteering and experiencing live sport, and to play an active role in sport leadership and workforce, from coaching to boardrooms, across the country. During the week, Sky Sports and the BBC will devote more broadcast time to celebrations of women’s sport, in a bid to improve sustained and consistent media profiling of female athletes and sports teams.
Women in Sport will also be launching a fundraising campaign to help transform sport for the benefit of every woman and girl in the UK. Sport England will be using the week to continue to drive home the benefits of the hugely successful This Girl Can campaign.
The goal is to get more women and girls physically active and playing sport. Get involved in Women’s Sport Week and tell us what you will be getting up to using the the hashtag #WSW16.
If you want to find out what is happening in your area this week, please contact your County Netball Development Officer:
- Bedfordshire NDO - Sachel Grant- firstname.lastname@example.org or 07587 033637
- Cambridgeshire NDO - Janette Bowden - Janette.Bowden@englandnetball.co.uk or 07595 863974
- Essex NDO -Zoe.Lynch@englandnetball.co.uk or 07545 924991
- Hertfordshire NDO - Oliver Buncombe - Oliver.Buncombe@englandnetball.co.uk or 07525 703153
- Norfolk NDO - Jenny Day - Jenny.Day@englandnetball.co.uk or 07854 089822
- Suffolk NDO - Chloe Anderson - Chloe.Anderson@englandnetball.co.uk or 07540 126597
- Hertfordshire NDCC - Lucy Ponting - Lucy.Ponting@englandnetball.co.uk or 07834 500189